2019 Pinal 40 Gala Reception & Dinner
The 2019 Pinal 40 Gala Reception & Dinner was held May 4th, at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Events Center Ballroom. Each year Pinal 40 is able to provide scholarships and grants within the community thanks to the donations and funds from events such as the Pinal 40 Charity Golf Classic, the Pinal 40 St. Paddy’s Day Party and the upcoming Pinal 40 Gala Reception & Dinner.
This year’s reception and dinner was a special treat featuring Master of Ceremonies and Comedian, Mark Cordes, Live Tribute Artist, Randall Hedden, & the featured entertainment, comedian & voice actor, “Larry The Cable Guy”. A “Live” auction took place during dinner as well as the drawing of the Raffle Grand Prize Winner.
- Approximately 640 attendees
SPECIAL “THANK YOU” & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- All of the Silent & Live Auction highest bidders
- Master of Ceremonies, Mark Cordes – “The Wife Whisperer”
- Randall Hedden, Live Tribute Artist
- Larry the Cable Guy
- The FFA students for helping us sell the Pot-O-Gold Raffle tickets
- Ms. Heather Morrison for selling Grand Prize Raffle tickets
- All of David’s Crew who worked tirelessly for (3) days leading up to the event.
- Our Auctioneer Mr. Jeff Maynard of Maynard Associates and all of his crew.
- Special Thanks to Pinal 40 members, The Executive Board, all of the Gala Committees, and especially our President, Mr. Dennis Dugan, for his tireless efforts and vision.
GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE WINNER
- Winner of the Polaris Ranger was Mr. Bruce Gurevitz from T&K Dairy in Stanfield, Arizona
HARRAH’S AK-CHIN RESORT & CASINO EVENTS CENTER
- Special thanks to Mr. Phuc Huynh, Harrah’s Convention Services Manager
- Special thanks to Ms. Adrienn Massaglia, Harrah’s Group Sales Manager
- Special thanks to Mr. Colin Ribble, Harrah’s Executive Chef
- Special thanks to Mr. Ramon Castro, Harrah’s Assistant Chef
- Special thanks to Mr. Nate Kinstlinger, Harrah’s Food & Beverage Operations Manager
- Special thanks to Ms. Andrea Toth, Harrah’s Restaurant & Banquet Assistant Manager
- Special thanks to Ms. Juanita “Nita” Lewismarch, Harrah’s Banquet Supervisor
- Special thanks to Mr. Andy Charlestin, Harrah’s Banquet Captain
- Special thanks to Ms. Magdalena Butz, Harrah’s Banquet Captain
- Very Special thanks to the Ak-Chin Tribal Council & Ak-Chin Community for their gracious hospitality and generosity. Mr. Robert Miguel, Chairman – Ms. Delia M. Carlyle, Vice-Chairman – Council members, Gabriel Lopez, Lisa Garcia, & Octavio Machado
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- The Pinal 40 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award to given to Mr. Norm Bingham, Founder of Bingham Equipment Co.
SCHOLARSHIPS & BOYS & GIRLS CLUB “STUDENT OF THE YEAR” 2019
- Two of our 2018 Scholarship recipients were recognized at the Gala Dinner. They were Ms. Blake Norris and Mr. Austin Gonzales.
- The 2019 Boys & Girls Club of the Casa Grande Valley “Student of the Year” who was recognized is Ms. Abbigayle Mendosa.
- Our 2019 Scholarship Awards Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, June 5th at The Property Event Center in Casa Grande.
Organizations Funded to Date:
- AZ FFA Foundation
- Big Shots 4H
- Boys & Girls Club
- Casa Grande Friends of the Arts
- Casa Grande Main Street
- Casa Grande Valley Historical Society
- Central Arizona Fair Association
- Central Pinal Lions Foundation
- Delta Research and Educational Foundation
- John T. Pagel Scholarship Fund
- Maricopa Football Boosters
- Natural Resource Education Center
- Pinal County 4H
- Pinal County Jr. Livestock (Auction)
- Pinal County Jr. Livestock Committee
- Pinal Hispanic Council
- Pinal/Gila Community Child Services
- Ride for the Warrior
- Seeds of Hope
- The Central Arizona College Foundation
Formed in 2014, Pinal 40 is a fraternity of community members organized with the primary objective of promoting Pinal County, its youth as well as farming and agriculture related businesses. Philanthropically, Pinal 40 and its membership focus on providing support and funding for youth and education through agribusiness related scholarships and support of local charities.
Pinal 40 is run by an all-volunteer board with all profits benefiting the community via Agricultural Scholarships, Boys and Girls Clubs, FFA, 4-H, and other Charitable Youth Organizations. Since inception, nearly $700,000 has been distributed to the community including over $190,000 in individual scholarship awards.